Sports Where Informed-Sport is Used
Informed Sport accreditation is not specific to any one sport.
It is used across a wide range of disciplines where athletes are subject to drug testing, including but not limited to:
- Track and field athletics
- Team sports like football, rugby, and basketball
How Does a Product Become Informed Sport Accredited?
The process for a product to gain Informed Sport accreditation involves:
- Rigorous Testing: Each product batch must be tested for banned substances before being released to the market.
- Facility Audit: The manufacturing facility undergoes a thorough audit to comply with quality control measures.
- Regular Re-testing: Products that are certified are then tested regularly at LGC's anti-doping lab to ensure ongoing compliance.
Why Athletes Should Choose Informed-Sport Accredited Products
Choosing products that carry the Informed Sports mark means selecting supplements that are not only safe but also held to the highest standards of quality. It is an easy way for athletes to protect themselves against unintentional doping and the associated risks.
Making Informed Choices in Sports Nutrition
Whether you're an experienced athlete or just starting on your fitness journey, understanding the importance of what goes into your supplements is critical.
Making informed decisions about your nutrition is key to not just optimising your performance but also maintaining your integrity in the sporting world.
In a market flooded with various supplements, finding products that match your commitment to the highest standards of nutrition and safety can be challenging.